Hello everyone. Thanks for stopping by my blog. To help you get to know me better, I have filled in this form that my Mum made for me so you can get some quick fun facts about who I am. As you will soon find out, I am too lazy to be private, so if there is anything you would like to know, just send me your questions and I will get back to you.. eventually.
Name – Lincoln Frederick Whittaker the First
Nicknames – Linc, Chunky Monkey, Pig-Dog (need to find out why I’m called that!), Lin-Coney
Breed – English Bulldog
Birthday – 15 April
Weight – 28 kgs
Occupation – Full Time Blogger and Couch Potato
If I wasn’t a full time blogger, I would be – A dog food critic
My Favorite Activity – Cuddling my Pawrents or playing with my Kong Bone
My Favorite Toy – Kong Bone and Grubber Ball
My Favorite Food – Peamutt Butter – especially when its put all over my Kong Bone – yum yum!
Best friend – Bentley – he doesn’t say much but he’s a good listener.
When Im not blogging, eating or sleeping, I like to – take very short walks with my pawrents.
Pet peeve – Julian.the.damn.squirrell. He is always up in my garden, eating the bird food, ruining my view. He torments me.
What makes me unique – I was born deaf.I actually didn’t know I was deaf until quite recently, cause I just thought the world was just lovely and quiet. There are a lot of myths surrounding deaf dogs, so let me just set the record straight quickly…
- I’m not aggressive towards people. I welcome a butt scratch from anyone.
- Barking… Just because I cant hear it, doesn’t mean I don’t use my voice.
- Yes I do make some strange sounds, but otherwise I bark normally.
- I like to be woken up gently (who in their right mind doesn’t?). I can startle easily so I like to see people before they touch me. Usually my Mum just leaves me to wake up in my own time.
- I speak sign language but I am also quite good at reading facial expressions. My mum says Im better at reading facial expressions than sign language, but thats just her opinion – I think Im great at both.
- When my pawrents need to catch my attention, they just stomp on the floor (I feel the vibrations) or they wave frantically like lunatics (sometimes when I cant be bothered, I pretend not to notice).
- My pawrents talk to me constantly. I can tell because their mouths are constantly moving. Maybe its a blessing I cant hear them, it seems like Mum would wear me out with her Chatty Cathy ways.
What I think is my best quality – athleticism
What my Mum loves most about me – sweet gentle nature
What my Dad loves most about me – that I just want to love them so much
I hope you enjoyed reading these fun facts about me. Are there any fun facts about you that you would like to share with me? I would love to know. If you would like to read my previous post on living with a deaf dog click here.